Subject: [Leica] Totally OT: Canadian ice wine
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Oct 28 13:31:14 2005

Nathan Wajsman offered:

> Since this is a list of ladies and gentlemen with discerning tastes in
> booze, and since we have a fair number of Canadian patriots, I thought
> this might be of interest. Recently a friend brought us a bottle of ice
> wine from Canada (Niagara). Now, I have had Ch. d'Yquem, and various other
> sweet wines (including Eiswein from the Mosel valley), but this wine was
> simply fantastic. It is not cheap, but then again, no proper ice wine is
> cheap. Have a look here, order a bottle or two, and enjoy:
> http://www.lakeviewcellars.ca/2001VidalIcewine.html <<<<

Hi Nathan,
Thanks for the plug on Canadian Ice wine as we produce some of the finest in
the world.  You know people, well some of them ;-) think we're ice, igloos
and dog sleds 12 months of the year, so that's why the ice wine is so good.
;-)

Actually as you know, it's the opposite, particularly out here in the west
in British Columbia where we now win world Gold Medal wine competitions year
after year. And as said in some advertisements... "We've come along way
Baby!" in the quality of the wine produced in this country east or west.

I have not tasted your recommendation, but will see if we have it in our
stores here and on your advice get one.

Although I must confess I have a half dozen bottles of BC ice wine in the
cooler at the moment that have been slowly disappearing over the past 1/2
dozen years. :-) However, thanks for the heads-up. :-)
ted