Subject: [Leica] Some first test shots with a Bessa-I
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Tue Nov 1 05:57:30 2005

Well, the Vaskar, although a triplet, can yield surprisingly good results,
as your pictures indicate. Voigtlander made very good lenses. One of my
favourite cameras is the 6x6 Perkeo II, which has the Tessar-type Color
Skopar in a Synchro-Compur shutter. No rangefinder, but an incredibly small
package with a first rate shutter and lens. The photos from this are nothing
short of incredible. The somewhat simpler Perkeo I with Vaskar can be a
bargain alternative. I wind up shooting with the Perkeo II while my
higher-end cameras with coupled rangefinder (Super Ikontas A, B and C,
Voigtlander Bessa II with Heliar) gather dust. If you are getting the folder
bug, the Voigtlanders are well worth keeping an eye out for.

Mark