Subject: [Leica] Re: Compare 100mm f2.8 APO with 90mm f2 APO R?
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Tue Nov 1 13:50:15 2005

Hi Don,

Of the mentioned list I own only the 135 APO Telyt and I agree that it is an
extraordinary lens, about the others I've never tried, I only see the
pictures. I think that Summilux 75 mm is also one of the best, and even the
Tri-Elmar. Maybe I'm on a terrible mistake, but when I've see excellent
pictures with i.e. Summilux 50 ASPH, I've appreciated sometimes to much
sharpness, images to "crispy"... On my photographic style, I'm looking for a
certain romantic mood where maybe perfection could be against the
atmosphere. I own three 50's Elmar, Summicron and Summilux (1962 design) and
mostly I use this one, I have two 35's Summicron and Summilux (both
pre-ASPH), sometimes I ask me to trade these lenses respectively for a Lux
50 and 35 ASPH, but I always hesitate because I love the character of these
lenses. Maybe is similar to the Luggers they Love Summarit, Summitar etc...
the slightly softness is a quality too. In other words, the best quality is
for me a relative value depending of the kind of work you are doing and you
are looking for.

Saludos desde Barcelona
Luis