Subject: [Leica] Re:Leica D200
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Wed Nov 2 08:29:54 2005

"David C. Mason" <dcm@pobox.com> wrote:

> I suppose if there were actually a negative the whole "full frame"
> thing would make sense to me but honestly 35mm was a random size and
> any CMOS/CCD is a random size. Its just photos.

The only real reason 'full frame' is an issue is that there are many
photographers who paid lots of dinero to get high performance lenses that
are sharp all the way into the corners and they feel like the extra money
the lens cost is wasted if the corner performance of their existing lenses
is irrelevant.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com