Subject: [Leica] WAS: No cats, but gasp! a sunrise NOW TAKE CAMERA
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Nov 2 16:18:04 2005

Eric said in praising Sonny and his early morning picture:

> And yet another very nice one.  Guess it pays to always take your camera,
> eh?  :)  > <<<<

Well Eric as often as I've always had a camera hanging some where off my
body and nothing happened, only the odd crash and burn, but usually a nice
one on occasion. ;-)

But it's much better and peace of mind to have one. Once you make your mind
up you'll not go anywhere without one it becomes as easy as getting dressed
and going out. I mean, after all, you wouldn't think of going out naked
would you? :-)

But when you don't take it, as sure as the Great Spirit made little green
apples, it's as sure as hell something will happen and you'll be sorry for a
very long time thinking about how stupid you were not to have it.

ERGO: Wife going on about hurrying to the damn shopping mall.:-( I lock the
door, realize I don't have camera and about to go into house to get it..
"Naw never mind, we're only going to the mall, nothing happens there."

I didn't and while in the shopping mall grocery store an earthquake happens
! :-) Absolutely honest truth and I'm standing there as pissed mad as I can
be because..... "I don't have a camera!"

Now the good thing was it was a solid roller, but not bad enough for any
major damage, so that let me off the hook. But over the years there have
been times when it paid off, usually car crashes or plane crashes.

Or it's the other way around, something major happens and no camera!:-(

So the long and short of it is..... "always have a camera with you." Whether
you get anything or not doesn't matter becuase if yer a good Boy Scout you
are always ... "Be Prepared!" Trust me it doesn't matter a sheep's ear which
kind of camera, but have one as you can never go wrong!

ted

Message from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] No cats, but gasp! a sunrise)