Subject: [Leica] MP-3 Shipments
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Thu Nov 3 16:20:39 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net>

>The 1950-whatever MP camera has no meter.  Therefore no battery.  Cost for a
>used one in any shape is around $5K.   Add $2K for a Leicavit MP.

I've seen several go for more than 20k. Westlicht is auctioning two of
Thomas H??pker's
MP cameras. They are starting around 35,000 Euros.

http://tinyurl.com/bcrn8

>The 2004 MP has a meter.  It has a battery compartment.  A new one is around
>$2500, a used one is around $2500.  Add $800 or so for a Leicavit.

Isn't the current MP goign for $3300, new? Ouch!

>The 2005 MP3 has a meter.  It has a battery compartment.  The new cost is
>$8K.  Leicavit is free.  Lens is included.....

It's a nice looking camera, but that is crazy money, unless you are really
loaded.
Or filthy rich.

>They all take pictures.

Bingo!

>Whatever happened to the MP2?  Did Leica forget this one?

Isn't that the regular production MP?

feli

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net