Subject: [Leica] Friday Flower (and dance) - Adam
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Nov 5 17:51:34 2005

Thanks Erik and Ric and William for sharing your thoughts and suggestions.

I've tried alternate crops (I appreciate the encouragement to make
them) and I just am going with my original framing which matched my
understanding at the moment I made the image.

William, thanks for sharing the image with your friend. I do use R
lenses with the 1Ds - the most common is the 100 APO but I also use
the telyt 280/560 as well - they are my long lenses.

The image was made late on a cloudy afternoon - the sun already below
Boulder's mountains to the west, the sky overcast, thunder rippling
and light rain falling. The girls were very active, flitting from
place to place like so many butterflies - they had just come home from
pre-school, were trilled to see their mother and father and then to
have GUESTS! Who were staying for DINNER! Could it be better than
that?

I knew I wanted to isolate them as much as possible from the
background so I chose the 70-200 instead of my 24-70 zoom. I think it
was the best choice. My knees aren't that great so if something
happened that I wasn't keeping  up with I could zoom in a bit. So the
100 APO wasn't even considered.

I do love the 100 APO and used it for this (previously posted)
portrait of Maddy, our house sitter, my gift to her for her high
school graduation:

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/05/21/TheHouseSitter.jpg>

Gradually I'm getting better at using manual focus lenses and the new
screen for the 1Ds viewfinder is making that easier.

Adam