Subject: [Leica] OT: B&W Studio for... B&W film?
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sun Nov 6 19:36:18 2005

I know a number of the luggers use B&W Studio for B&W conversion etc. Are
there any values for users starting with B&W images (e.g. scanned Tri X)?
In particular, the "zones" filter seems somewhat interesting.

Related to that, if I understand the zone system correctly, it's about
placing tonal values on whatever zones the photographer wants. With
photoshop, we can do it with curves of course, but I am wondering if anyone
would be interested in a (tool/plug-in) that allows you to specify where
the place the zones, e.g. may be by default, it will displace "zone masks"
over the picture, and you can specify where you really want the tonal zones
to fall and the SW will move / compress / extend the tonal ranges to match
what you want. Does that make sense?

Or is this what the "zones" in B&W Studio or some other tools do already?

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] OT: B&W Studio for... B&W film?)