Subject: [Leica] Infrared
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Nov 8 09:51:15 2005

On 11/8/05 5:38 AM, "Jim Hemenway" <Jim@hemenway.com> typed:

> Hi Mark:
>
> It's great stuff!  Works with red AND orange filters.
>
> No metering... just shoot at 5.6 at 1/60th or equivalent... it leaves
> you free to compose. ;-)
>
> Jim
>

> Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>>> http://www.hemenway.com/Infrared-Oct21st/

Great! Well I've got three shades of filters in 39mm for three of my Leica
lenses kind of my default filter size.
I've got a B+W 090 light red Wratten 25
And a B+W 091 red Wratten 29
But my trump card which I've never put to use is a
B+W 092 which looks almost black. I think it took me a month to get it.
"This dark red filer is for black and white infrared films and filters at
light below approximately 650nm. It allows pictures of a pure red image
while making good use of the relatively low sensitivity of infrared films.
Filter factor is approx. 20-40."

There's one even redder than this.
But I'd have to kill you to tell you about it.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/