Subject: [Leica] geebeephoto/05383
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Nov 9 08:47:51 2005

George Lottermoser offered:

>> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05383.htm
>
> Woah! - When this image popped on the screen. I reached toward my face
> to see if I was wearing my blue and red 3D glasses. Not sure I've
> experienced such a strong sense of depth from a b&w screen image before.
> Simply gorgeous in every respect.

Hi George,
You beat me to it with your post. :-) Because even this old one eyed photog
had similar re-action, like it "popped off the screen!"

Once again Graham has shown his ability to "see photographically" that we
find in his photographs so often .

Sometimes we see photographically, in other words all the composition
factors come together as we look at a scene, then other times we "see
something looks OK" to our eyes. But when shot and printed, it just sits
there without any depth or solid compositional aspects.

However take it from a one eyed photographer, who sees the world as a flat
photograph without 3D effect, it really helps in composition because you
read the scene as though you're looking at a photo to start off with.

So sometimes being one eyed is an asset and not a liability! ;-)

A question Graham? "You don't happen to be one eyed are you?" ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] geebeephoto/05383)