Subject: [Leica] RE: Katie at Kubota
From: puff11 at comcast.net (Norm Aubin)
Date: Thu Nov 10 21:06:04 2005

Richard, Ruben, GeeBee -

and all you other wonderful folks who have been so kind in your comments -
Thank you again - it is high praise indeed coming from you all - I've seen a
lot of your work here, and I'm flattered to hear these kind of comments from
you all.

Ruben - you're welcome to a personal copy for your own uses - have at.

Richard - It's far better as a fiber print than any monitor image - or even
digital print (to the limits of my ability).  I print this on Bergger Fine
Art Cold tone graded paper - grade two or three, Matte, toned in dilute
selenium, as an 11x11 print - it's framed and on one of my walls.  Someday
I'll make a digital print of this that's as sensual a print as the fiber
print, but I haven't the skill to do that yet.

I am inspired now to dig out a few other images from that shoot; my i900 is
warmed up, so I think it's time to scan a few more images!  I'll append them
to the lug gallery and send a URL shortly.

Norm

p.s. - This is why I will have a wet darkroom again someday - some stuff
just looks more appealing to me on fiber paper.

> From: Richard <richard-lists@imagecraft.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] FW: Katie at Kubota
>
> ....and would it be great to see it as a wet fiber print? :-)
>
> I love the delicate tones... whoa
>

> From: "Ruben" <ruben@rhodos.dk>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] FW: Katie at Kubota
> To: "Leica Users Group" <lug@leica-users.org>
>
> Norm
>
> I just broke your copyright and printed a small print of Katie at Kubota !
>
> Hope it is ok - it is truly a lovely image - and even though you state
that
> the picture "unfolded" while you whatched it you did choose camera, film,
> lens angle etc. and thereby made it possible for us to share your lovely
> image
>
> thanks
>
> Ruben
> From: "Ruben" <ruben@rhodos.dk>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] FW: Katie at Kubota
>
> Norm
> PS. The image would make a great cover on a CD - would make Bethovens
Piano