Subject: [Leica] Re:OT enlarging lenses
From: benmarks2005 at gmail.com (Benjamin Marks)
Date: Fri Nov 11 08:01:11 2005

You will get a lot of different answers on this one, I suspect. I LOVE my
50mm Schneider Componon-S. I had been using an EL-Nikkor, and the Schneider
was just a huge leap forward for me. I recently bought (for cheeep!) a Leitz
enlarger with an older Focotar, and I am eager to see what it can do. But I
gotta say, that Schott glass is yumm-o. I believe that enlarger/easel
alignment is important to get the most out of any enlarging lens. This is a
little like high-end eyepieces for telescopes or normal lenses for view
cameras: there is something good to say about the premium lenses of all the
brands (Nikon/Rodenstock/Schneider -- I may have forgotten others).
 Ben Marks

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Re:OT enlarging lenses)