Subject: [Leica] Rapidgrip & Competitors
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Nov 11 14:45:33 2005

pmcc asked?
Subject: Re: [Leica] Rapidgrip & Competitors

> Of the two, settling aside price, which
> do you prefer, the current Leicavit or the
> TA Rapidwinder?

Peter,
No contest at all!

Tom Abrahamsson's RapidWinder hands down always first choice without
question! It's well designed, has few moving parts and works like a dream.
Quietly! Oh yeah and Rapidly! Nice thing is if you are shooting action and
with a little practice you can easily shoot 3 frames a second with quick
wrist, finger action. :-) And silently! And that my friends is a capital
bonus!

The Leicavit has dozens of bits and pieces and if it crashes and burns you
have to send it to Leica.

The RapidWinder can in most cases be fixed by yourself if anything ever goes
wrong, pick-up the phone call Tom who'll walk you through the fixin'! :-)
Damn clever guy! ;-) After all it is his designed piece of gear.

And not likely will he charge you anything for the "how to fix it"
conversation. Sure on the odd occasion, like once in a millennium you might
have to send it to him for servicing. ;-)

No one should have any doubt of a RapidWinder purchase from the master of
rapid winding machines. ;-) I understand all the M shooters of Magnum use
his RapidWinder, so what more does one need for a better endorsement than
that! :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc) ([Leica] Rapidgrip & Competitors)