Subject: [Leica] OT: which enlarger lens
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Nov 11 21:21:18 2005

On 11/11/05 5:48 PM, "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net> typed:

> Show off!
> S Dimitrov

I just got a 100mm Schneider Componon S used for 85 bucks.
It seemed to me at the time a good deal
Got back and I saw it's picture on the B&H site quoted at 368.95.
I saved 283.95 USD I guess. If I was going to get the thing new in this
lifetime.
COME ON DOWN WE'RE GIVING THIS STUFF AWAY!
I think the local camera stores say.
They had APO-Rodagon's for not much more than that. Hundred something low.
All fairly modern clean looking glass.
And a 50mm Schneider Componon S as well for the same price point.
The camera store down the street.
They seem higher on eBay.
Maybe check the camera store down YOUR street.
I'm just collecting Hasselblad stuff and enlarger lenses while the market is
low.
Then I'm going to use high.
I also got a year or so ago a 75mm APO-Rodagon D "optimized for 1:1
reproduction. The lens may be used over a range from 1:3 reduction to 3:1
magnification." You know, for wallets!
Actually I do shoot larger formats and sheet film so 1:3 from 4x5 would be
perfect for 11x14's. For the Green Giants wallet. Or business cards for
normal people. Its always what you don't think!
I also consider this 75mm APO-Rodagon D part of my Viso system.
As many an enlarger lens would be.
Great for promo head shots of invertebrates. Their booking agents love it.
This whole thing to me just brings out the avarice lurking just below the
surface.
And makes me return to my darkrooms from whence I came. Climb back under by
rock.
I am planning on knocking out some prints and running some film real soon.
While I have this darkroom.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon