Subject: [Leica] i got a call from VOGUE!!!
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (kyle cassidy)
Date: Sat Nov 12 08:53:43 2005

... they wanted me to subscribe, 36 weeks for only $19.95, which sounds like
a pretty good deal.

but in other news, i was invited to show at Rick Franne's gallery in
wilmington on December 2nd. The cleverly themed and emminantly saleable show
is entitled "angels". So yesterday i shot specifically for the show. (you're
all proud of me, i'm sure for getting out of bed on a friday evening when i
still have unwatched episodes of "the dukes of hazard" on vhs).

behold!

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/lj/2005/antipathy1.jpg

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/lj/2005/antipathy4.jpg

i'm sure someone can correct my german on:   "Englen K?nnen Himmel Nicht
Leisten"  which probably sounds like "The people who are called  the romans
they go that-a-way"

So while i cross the desolate but narrow wasteland between "fine art" and
"selling out" (or in my case "completely unsaleable art" and "plain bad
idea") i will say hello to Thomas Kincade for you and we will laugh over our
mint julips from the front porches of our adjoining plantatations. I will
buy a solid gold leica. Actually, i should get two. they get dinged up
pretty easy. No doubt the walls will be cleared by holiday shoppers drunk on
the seemingly never-ending angel binge. i see victoria's secret hasn't given
up yet. those jerks are STILL ripping me off, let me tell you. after the
show, i fully expect that i will be on the cover of Art in America and
People in the same week, after that my assistants will be really backed up
signing autographs and the wait could be several weeks. If you want to get
one, you'd better get your requests in quick so Sylvia and Melanie can jot
down a personal message for you. We're thinking of going to an auto-pen
soon; forging my name is taking up the bulk of their days.

kc

Replies: Reply from cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran) ([Leica] i got a call from VOGUE!!!)
Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] i got a call from VOGUE!!!)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] i got a call from VOGUE!!!)