Subject: [Leica] Kissing ass (WAS: during the sermon . . .)
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Nov 12 23:10:19 2005

Ted Grant wrote:

>> > http://www.sonc.com/during_the_sermon.htm<<<
>

> This kissy assed "oh I like it " type comment is becoming so gross it's
> one of the reasons not to be bothered looking at 2nd, 3rd or more posted
> comments by others. And they do it for some of the finest pictures shown.

Sometimes (often) I have nothing wiser to say than a kissy-assed WOW or
"I love it." Providing constructive critique of the type Ted provides is
an art and not everyone has that ability. My own rule is that if the
only thing I am able to say is "WOW" or something to that effect, I do
it off-list to the poster. If I believe that my comments may have wider
interest, then I post them on-list.

Since we are all human, I do believe than people appreciate simple
compliments, even if there is nothing else said. But I also agree that
it may be a waste of the list's time, just as the many "Thank you"
messages from the original posters to the people who commented. I always
thank people who comment on my pictures, but I do it in private.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands