Subject: [Leica] OT: bronica 645 RF?
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Sun Nov 13 13:44:02 2005

On 13/11/2005, at 21:44, Bruce wrote:

> While the usual TLR (or RF MF) lens is slower than the typical
> primes used on a 35mm RF, the larger image area and the steadiness
> of a Rolleiflex (or similar camera) makes these less unsuited to
> low light than you imply, and as long as the subject is not moving
> too much

Right.

I can go a quite a bit slower with my TLR, *but* there are many aids
with them than you can get with a MF RF, the camera weight combined
with some tension on the strap and a cable release allowed me going
"safely" to 1/8 (with a bit of luck too) with the 80, but only with
more or less static subjects.

Anyway the DOF is smaller in MF than in 135, so you can't count to
shoot at wide apertures and get a sharp image of the whole subject if
it involves, let's say. two persons. That's why I say the MF it's not
practical if someone is thinking about using it as freely as someone
can use his Leica.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/