Subject: [Leica] kissy assed, and a PESO from me
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Nov 13 19:40:05 2005

Phong said and showed:
Subject: Re: [Leica] kissy assed, and a PESO from me

> Ted Grant wrote:
>>This kissy assed "oh I like it " type comment is becoming so gross it's
>>one
>>of the reasons not to be bothered looking at 2nd, 3rd or more posted
>>comments by others. And they do it for some of the finest pictures shown.

Phong responded:
> I disagree with you Ted.
>
> I think it is good to hear yeah/nea, even if the viewer is too busy
> to give a detailed response.  Of course, we all wish for detailed
> and thoughtful responses, of the kind that you often provide and from
> which I personally learn so much and for which am very thankful, but
> we do not always have the time.
>
> Anyway, "kissy assed" sounds like a fight picking phrase to me,
> so I thought I should rise to the occasion.  :-)<<<

Hi Phong,
> Anyway, "kissy assed" sounds like a fight picking phrase to me"

Naw that's the way to get some attention and people into talking about the
simplistic comment syndrome. ;-) Glad you took the bait! ;-)

> http://www.phongdoan.com/Photos/Church_Sudbury/<<<<<<<
Now I could hardly say " I like it, nice photo!" :-) WHY?

Simply because it's a very fine photograph, well seen and executed. The
composition is excellent so there isn't any waste space.

I also like the atmosphere feel even though one, could or might say, a
slight smigin' levels alteration might give it a tad more darkened effect."

But that's an opinion only clarified when prints are side by each for
comparison. :-) It's a very difficult thing when one makes a sugegstion of
darkening or lightening a picture when you can't put the suggestion into
effect and look at the two prints beside each other.

Particularly as in this case of the church, it woud be so subtle the prints
would have to be together to see if the adjustment made sense or not.

Besides on a computer screen one can hardly see a very subtle adjustment or
not.

Don't lurk to long, as you've posted fine photographs in the past and
contributed to the conversations on many occasions.

ted