Subject: [Leica] This nature photography stuff is for the birds ...
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Mon Nov 21 03:40:27 2005

Kyle is pretty good at getting spectacular shots of scary subjects.
Some flying too.
I might switch to his style, as I'm not having much luck lately with
my specialty lately.
The colour and the composition is appealing, but it's just not sharp
enough.  Or close enough.  Mirage plays merry hell with shots taken
at 50 meters.  Converters only make it worse.

Wedge tail eagle, two weeks from flying, taken the weekend before.  I
watched this one eat a rabbit just after dad dropped by a little
later in the day.  Table manners?  Not really.

http://members.dodo.com.au/rdcb37/Eagle_2_small.jpg

R8. Velvia 100F.  800mm f5.6.

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] This nature photography stuff is for the birds ...)