Subject: [Leica] Vivitar 283 Flash Unit
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Mon Nov 21 04:15:47 2005

I don't own a 283 nor 20D, but I do one a 2800 from my wife's gear.  One
suggestion is to get a voltmeter and measure the voltage across the shoe
of the flash, and ask your Canon rep/experts what the 20D can tolerate.

I understand the old flashes had very high voltages, and can damage the
camera.  My flash measures 42  volts (I think).  I was worried that it
would fry my Leica R7 and Hasselblad 203FE.  Both Leica USA and
Hasselblad USA say that it is okay, but they did warn me against using
the 2800 on a Digilux.

Regards,

Vick Ko

Replies: Reply from joelct at singnet.com.sg (Joseph Low) ([Leica] Vivitar 283 Flash Unit)