Subject: [Leica] Northamptonshire churches : Sywell, West Haddon and Newnham
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Mon Nov 21 14:19:39 2005

From: "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@usjet.net>

Subject: Re: [Leica] Northamptonshire churches : Sywell,West Haddon and
Newnham

> Graham,
>
> I find your catalogue of Northhamptonshire churches immensely interesting,
> creative, and practical.   That's a great accomplishment.   Have you
> catalogued any other types of buildings?
>
> Bob
>

> > For those interested in this sort of thing:
> >
> > Updates for Sywell, West Haddon and Newnham. Pity the bell ringers at
> > Newnham when it's windy and wet.
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/Northamptonshire_Churches/M-Z/index.htm

Bob,

I started shooting the village churches when I was posting a set of shots
with text each week to document my latest walk.  I stopped doing the weekly
text/shots combination but because of the interest expressed in the church
shots I carried on shooting them as a record more than anything else. I know
there are at least two men of the cloth on the lists who were particularly
interested and my own interest grew as I realised that each church is little
time capsule, usually 12th to 14th century, of local and occasionally
national history.

As I already post more than my fair share of shots the church shots started
to stack up but the recent blitz to get up to date is almost done and I will
start to take more when I have cleared the backlog completely.

I haven't specifically shot any other types of building in the area ( the
rush of air you just heard was a collective sigh of relief from those who do
not like the church stuff :-) )

Thanks for looking.

--Graham

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Northamptonshire churches : Sywell, West Haddon and Newnham)