Subject: [Leica] San Francisco LHSA meeting photos
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Nov 21 15:04:33 2005

On 11/20/05 10:59 PM, "Peter Klein" <pklein@2alpha.net> typed:

Some notes on some of these from The Rabs:
Great shots Peter!

> Mark Rabiner (in-focus) and Richard Wasserman at the LUG dinner Friday
> night.  A very dim restaurant, 1/15 at f/1.5.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album186/1_01RabsDinner
"Daddy! You're out of focus! Give him an aspirin!"

> Tom A. telling one of his many stories.  Slobodan and Stephen seem
> skeptical.  I don't know the gentleman on the left.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album186/1_14SpotTomSkeptics
Tom seem skeptical too!

> Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Kim Komenich (right) of the San
> Francisco talks to an unidentified LHSA member after the banquet.  Kim gave
> one of the best photographic talks I've ever heard.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album186/1_20KimK
By far the best I've ever heard or seen. I'm totally inspired and will never
be the same.
Mark Quincy Rabiner (had to change my name)

>  From my 8th-floor hotel window. I was attracted by the "vertigo"
> perspective, plus the wash and the pair of sneakers drying on the roof.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album186/1_26WashRoof
With a dab of "Rear Window".
Love roofers!

> This is not an out-of-focus picture of Mark Rabiner.  It is an in-focus
> picture of LHSA Viewfinder editor Bill Rosauer, yours truly, and Dick
> Gladden.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album186/1_29LunchMirror
A  High Concept self Portrait!

Great shots!

Someday Peter won't get shots and the annual meeting just wont be the same!

I have a bunch too and planning on finally doing some uploading so all can
see. Setting a deadline for next Monday.
Will have to scan them myself.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon