Subject: [Leica] Blug pictures
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Mon Nov 21 15:47:36 2005

It's been fun looking at the BLUG pictures you all have posted.  It looks
like a very enjoyable day.

Of Michiel's set, I find this one to be gorgeous for the light, the lines,
the shadows:
http://michielfokkema.no-ip.info/blug2005/pages/Blug01.htm

This one also jumps out at me...more than I think it should, somehow:
http://michielfokkema.no-ip.info/blug2005/pages/Blug13.htm
The stillness of the man and the suit-clad mannequins behind him
contrasting with the motion blur of the walkers is very nice.  I think I
might prefer it cropped just above the books, leaving the reflection of
"JAZZ" in the window.  I think it would lend a little more mystery, as well
as concentrating attention on the contrast between his sharpness and the
walkers.

As far as Nathan's Peepee women go, I am always disturbed when I'm in a
place where this is the norm.  To an American like myself, access to a
bathroom/toilet/wc is an inalienable right...not to be interfered with by
imposing a cover charge!  Of course, I imagine many people feel the same
way about tipping when visiting the US, so I usually swallow my feelings
and try to act like a Roman.  But I am glad to hear Nathan also finds it a
bit odd:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_46alt7.jpg

Best,
Aaron