Subject: [Leica] Northamptonshire churches : Sywell, West Haddon and Newnham
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Tue Nov 22 00:52:45 2005

From: "Stan Yoder" <vze2myh5@verizon.net>

Subject: Re: [Leica] Northamptonshire churches : Sywell,West Haddon and
Newnham

> > Pity the bell ringers at
> > Newnham when it's windy and wet.
>
> I would think the ringing chamber is the second story of the tower, with
the bells in the third.

> Stan Yoder
> Pittsburgh

Stan,

According to the information I have the bell ringers 'at one time were in
full view of the parishioners'. This may mean that they have now moved up a
floor as you suggest or possibly no longer ring the bells.  I believe that
many village church bells are no longer rung because of structural/safety
considerations.

Thanks for looking.

--Graham