Subject: [Leica] Ups and downs of stop baths?
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Tue Nov 22 16:09:50 2005

Adam,

I've moved away from stop for both film and paper.  My reason was simply to
have fewer chemicals around.  Since I develop film the same way each time
and test film density regularity whatever added developing occurs is
considered in the process.  The developer is so diluted I can't imagine one
would be able to see a significant difference.  If anything you might get a
boost in shadow detail. I generally rinse film for 1 minute before
fixing.  The advantages are I don't contaminate my precious fix and I don't
have to worry about blistering effects from sodium carbonate in developers
(I've actually had this problem but it really does occure), and I have
fewer bottles around.

Chris