Subject: [Leica] PAW2005: the big catch up
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Wed Nov 23 02:40:39 2005

Philippe - The expression on the young gal's face as she probes the
mystery of the big view camera works for me.

http://users.telenet.be/philippe.orlent/PAW2005/slides/Wk40_1.html

As does this one in the gallery:

http://users.telenet.be/philippe.orlent/PAW2005/slides/Wk40_2.html

Including the edges of the near wall picture frames is not an obvious
choice (I might have been tempted to crop them out, I think) but it
was a good idea to leave them in.  It grounds the near wall in the
gallery.

I don't know if this shot was her idea or yours.  When my son was her
age and photography with Dad was fun rather than something to be
tolerated, he used to offer up fun images like this one from time to
time.

http://users.telenet.be/philippe.orlent/PAW2005/slides/Wk40_3.html

All the circles balanced by her horizontal arm just add to the fun.

I have been rereading a set of notes I have on composition and so
have been seeing geometric shapes in posted pictures a lot lately. ;-)

Your pictures seem to have a lot of them (All three of these do, for
sure.)  Do you search them out or is it just intuitive in your
shooting at this point?

Regards,

Dick
Boston MA