Subject: [Leica] My thanks
From: dcm at pobox.com (David C. Mason)
Date: Thu Nov 24 14:40:35 2005

Luggers,

I have a great deal to be thankful for after spending over a week down
in Mississippi doing Hurricane Katrina relief work. I've uploaded a
handful of shots to the LUG gallery to share with you all. It was
extremely hard work with lots of work on temporary housing, work in
the donation distribution center, and "mucking" which is stripping a
house down to the studs after the flooding.

I met an amazing group of people, both local folks and volunteers from
all over the country. I took an Olympus E300 just to make all the
large sensor nerds mad, and because its a great camera. I wish I had
taken more photos but I was working so hard and was so tired I found
that the camera stayed in the bag more than usual. At any rate here
are a few I selected from around 100 or so shots.

The war-like scenes are from Biloxi which is simply devastated - the
people shots are from the D'Iberville P.O.D. (Point of Distribution)
on "food day" where everyone comes to receive donated food, and
finally there are a couple shots from some work I did for an elderly
couple, The Diaz's,  "mucking" their home which is stripping it down
to the studs after it flooded.

Comments are welcome but I also hope everyone will take a moment to be
thankful they are sitting in their warm homes this Thanksgiving.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album183

Dave

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] My thanks)
Reply from summicron at bellsouth.net (Frank F. Farmer) ([Leica] My thanks)