Subject: [Leica] Digilux-2, Still a Contender
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Nov 27 10:38:20 2005

Not horse puckey, Brian - It's like shooting without a negative. Yes, if
you're just plunking for pics to attach to Emails, what the hell. Or, if you
are such an amazingly good photo technician  that every image you shoot is
exposed absolutely perfectly - particularly in terms of the high-lights -
then shoot jpgs. But if you want more information, as the sensor saw it and
recorded it, then shoot RAW.

And yes, to someone else, there was an initial period when I shot high-res
jpgs - and then I did some reading, and did some experimenting, and I'd
never go back.

And that, by the way, was the experience of the five photographers in the
Harvard News Office, who before I arrived in my office down the hall from
them, were shooting jpgs. But after much prodding, they started playing with
RAW - and now all shoot RAW.