Subject: [Leica] Elmar goes to Bergen
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Nov 28 02:34:43 2005

Hi David and thanks,

The IIIf with a 50/3.5 Elmar is particularly well suited to the season
here in Scandinavia. We're more heavily clothed at this time of the
year and it fits comfortably in a coat pocket, or in my case, the
inside "wallet pocket". So it's just part of my dress. In the warmer
months we don't wear jackets or suits, so it has to compete with a lot
of other stuff, but not now, this is the perfect season for it.

The film for 35mm was HP5+. I'd used Neopan if I could just pick it up
off the shelf, but the only films in b&w that I can do that with (and
that I care about) are Tri-X and HP5+. Things must be getting tough. I
find myself still being able to pick it up off the shelf, but I am
also finding that I need everything _on_ the shelves. The stores
aren't carrying an oversized inventory.

Best,
Daniel