Subject: [Leica] Digilux-2, Still a Contender
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon Nov 28 11:48:06 2005

At 4:02 PM -0800 11/26/05, Martin Krieger wrote:
>Is the Digilux-2 still a contender, now 2+ years after it was
>introduced? What makes me want to own one is the f/2 lens, unheard
>except in DSLRs. I read somewhere that the EVF is not so good, and
>the noise correction is a problem. I'm not worried about megapixels.
>I won't use RAW much, since I don't plan to spend time with a
>computer. What I want is lots of resolution and detail, and the
>ability to shoot in low light.
>
>MK

The Fuji F10 will do better in low light, even though the lens maxes
out at f/2.8. The thing is that 800ISO on the Fuji looks better than
200ISO does on the Digilux. It's a 6.3Mp camera with a very decent
lens, and quite small. It has some stupid menus, but it is a good low
light P&S.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design