Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 47: Last weekend
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Nov 29 14:15:45 2005

This week's PAW images are a reflection of a fairly intense weekend.
They are presented chronologically, starting with Friday evening, on my
way home from work. During the afternoon, the first snow of the year
started falling, and it happened so quickly that by the time the road
maintenance people had realized it, the motorways were jammed and the
salt trucks could not get through. As a result, it took me 5 1/2 hours
to drive home (120 km). At least I could get out of the car at times in
the middle of the A2 motorway and snap a picture, like this:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_47.jpg

The next image is from Saturday night. We held Thanksgiving at our
house, and our English friend Jeff brought an enormous turkey:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_47alt1.jpg
(Yes, I know, wrong day, but Thursday was a normal working day here, so
any Thanksgiving celebrations were moved to the weekend on this side of
the pond.)

Moving on to Sunday, after going to bed at 3 a.m. the previous evening,
I had to get up fairly early to take my daughter to my office in
Eindhoven, where we were having a Santa Claus (Sinterklaas) event for
the employees' children. Since I am the manager of the place, I felt
obliged to go, regardless of the hangover. But at least there were
images to be had along the way, like here on the banks of the Waal river
in Zaltbommel:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_47alt2.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_47alt3.jpg

Once in the office, there were plenty of cute children to photograph.
Here are two of them, eagerly awaiting the arrival of Sinterklaas:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_47alt4.jpg

And finally, the daughter of one of the employees demonstrates the true
meaning of the season:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_47alt5.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2005.html
and comments, critique, and loose change are eagerly awaited...

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands