Subject: [Leica] A question on Elmar 9cm
From: cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran)
Date: Wed Nov 30 10:35:48 2005

Hi all, just got back from San Antonio. Not many pictures but got me a nice
Elmar 9cm. There are 2 questions for the technical minds.

I want to clean the metal tubing but do not know what solvent to use.

When on the plane I noticed that i could not turn the focusing ring all the
way. I unscrewed the glass element mounting from the focusing tube and
noticed that one baffle ring was not completely flat inside. I took it out
and I could focus fine. Now, I wonder if the baffle I took out was supposed
to be there or it was left there by mistake. There is one inside and finely
mounted. Does it take 2 baffle rings?
I shot some pictures with the lens and it is very sharp, i am very happy
with it. Now I need to find a 90mm viewfinder.
I will post pictures as soon as I get them from the lab.

Thanks in advance and peace to all

David

Replies: Reply from jblack at ambio.net (John Black) ([Leica] A question on Elmar 9cm)
Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Retro Blast... IIIA and a Summar)