Subject: [Leica] Retro Blast... IIIA and a Summar
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Wed Nov 30 17:05:33 2005

At 04:55 PM 11/30/2005, B. D. Colen wrote:

>There's a difference Richard - and I say this with all due respect - between
>weird and interesting and crap. You're shooting with a crap lens. Not every
>photo from the 30s is flat and gray---look at some of the classic stuff. And
>as to the lens baby, it doesn't produce flat, gray photos -it's like turning
>an SLR into a view camera and screwing around with depth of field and
>perspective. I can understand shooting with an old screw mount - hell, I
>started with one myself - but I can't understand the attraction of what are
>clearly inferior lenses, when there are such good screw mount lenses
>available today.

Understood, this is the rationale I use to spend the bucks to get the best
lens normally.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Retro Blast... IIIA and a Summar)
Reply from cartersn at nsula.edu (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Retro Blast... IIIA and a Summar)