Subject: [Leica] Image Quality
From: imagist at imagist.cnc.net (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu Dec 1 10:15:47 2005

> That is a serious question. I guess the question is "how many people
> like
> the 30s look?" :-) I mean not everything of course, but clearly
> photography
> isn't always about the most detailed, the highest contrast?

The issue isn't about 'the 30's look.' The prints made in the 30's from
30's technology did not appear flat and without tonal range from white
to black. So the question remains - did you intend to achieve the effect
which you presented? One would have to assume so - because the
technology, once scanned, allows you to present whatever dynamic range
you'd like.

regards, George