Subject: [Leica] Motor wind and shooting style
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Dec 1 20:14:23 2005

Scott McLoughlin asked:
> Well, yes, but the Motor-M sort of "expands" the M body's
> already lovely and somewhat compact dimensions. Why not
> just build it into the body?<<<

Hi Scott,
There isn't any room to do so without completely changing the size of the
body. I don't know if you were around during the "size frustrations"  when
folks were having fits over the, I think M6TTL and it was 1 mm higher body.
The re-actions by some were like the body size had been changed by an inch.

So to change the size to allow for a motor would create untold word
havoc!:-)

Much easier to buy a Tom Abrahamsson RapidWinder, keep the camera to your
eye and learn how to shoot 3 frames a sec and not take the camera away from
your eye. Or you can keep the camera to eye and just continually shoot in a
smooth rapid action. No batteries, no noise! :-)

I use them on my 3 M7's and they're the best damn thing that ever happened
to me in camera handling as I'm a left one eyed shooter. :-) Totally
eliminates removing the camera to advance.

Do I take it that you shoot left eyed from your comment "taking the camera
away from your eye?"

If ever "sized matters" it would be to change the body size of the basic M
camera. :-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road