Subject: [Leica] Thoughts on R camera
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sat Dec 3 10:10:47 2005

on 12/3/05 8:19 AM, jon.stanton@comcast.net at jon.stanton@comcast.net
wrote:

> I shoot with an M right now but recently spotted what looks like a good
> deal
> on an R system?  Camera and 3 lenses .... listed on that auction site:
>
> 7566619715
>
> Let me have your thoughts....
>
> Thanks

While I'm a fan of the R8 (it's my E100G camera) the normal-to-wide lenses
in this package seem to be where your M is best.  If the lenses were macro
or long or zoom or ultrawide then the package would be more interesting but
with this set of lenses it's in the range where the M is better.

--
Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Thoughts on R camera)