Subject: [Leica] #410
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Dec 4 10:03:12 2005

Graham showed:
Subject: #410
> Leica M6 : 50mm Noctilux : orange filter : Kodak T400CN
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05410.htm<<<

Hi Graham,
What think you of a slight scroll down barely taking the hedge in foreground
off?

I tried it several times, then left it on the screen and went back to look
several times over a couple of hours. Each time I did I went to the
original, then back to the cropped version and came to like the hedge barely
out.

Even though the hedge adds something to the foreground, a depth kind of
thing, it creates a feeling of "it's just hanging there by it's teeth."
Rather than a firm solid base, particularly on the left side of the frame.

Maybe there wasn't more there to capture, by the same token you may have
shot one as I described, but you didn't like the look, ergo... we get what
we see. :-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road