Subject: [Leica] Re: Lambda prints
From: ajt at mrps.demon.co.uk (Tony Terlecki)
Date: Tue Dec 6 03:12:27 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 05:46:02AM +0100, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>
> Lamba Print is not something you can do at home (well, if you played for
> Barcelona, I guess you could afford it ;-)). Basically, on my
> non-technical level, it involves using some kind of laser technology to
> "write" the image on photographic-type paper. I have had a couple of
> prints made, both colour and B&W, and they are gorgeous. Not cheap, but
> I am prepared to pay 50 Euro for something to hang on my wall or to give
> as a present to someone I care about.
>
> More details about the technology:
> http://www.gammaphoto.com/tech_lambda.html
>
> Saludos,
> Nathan

What I want to know is when is someone going to make a desktop version
of the lambda. Can't be that hard. Take an existing inkjet printhead and
replace it with an RGB laser light print head; ensure all lights on the
printer can be turned off so as not to fog any photo paper. Print. Of
course it will be up to the user to then develop the print. Naturally it
goes against the grain for these printer companies to do this as they
then don't make any money selling ink. Still I'd be happy to pay extra
(say 50-150%) for an equivalent format printer to their ink version.

--
Tony Terlecki
ajt@mrps.demon.co.uk

Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re: Lambda prints)