Subject: [Leica] Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M"
From: jerryleh at pacbell.net (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Tue Dec 6 09:30:33 2005

David,

Prices such as that would limit me (and others) to the second-hand
market, as they have for film Leicas. BUT do you think that there will
be a viable market for USED digital cameras?  Nothing has stabilized
in the digital photo world.  A 2 year old digital camera would be
obsolete. The advancement/ features curve vs. time is far too steep.

Used digital cameras will be like used computers; landfill, and toxic
landfill at that!  Yes I know that there are a handful of so-called
"classic" computer collectors, like slide rule collectors.

I'm addressing this also to the LUG, even though I can't read the
response as my server deleted all LUG sent mail.

Jerry

Replies: Reply from dcm at pobox.com (David C. Mason) ([Leica] Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M")
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M")
Reply from macdude4 at bellsouth.net (Mark) ([Leica] Digital Leica "M")