Subject: [Leica] Salgado' s work
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Dec 6 11:03:33 2005

There are plenty of economists who are hardly 'well off.' If I'm not
mistaken he was involved with a coffee growers cooperative, or something
similar. And he took up photography because he was convinced -foolishly I'd
say - that he could do more to fight global economic inequity with his
photographs than he could as an economist. While I think he's a brilliant
photographer, I think his view of the power of photography's horse shit. ;-)