Subject: [Leica] Re: OT: What about England NOW: Scotch barrels!
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Tue Dec 13 07:10:39 2005

I didn't know that Lagavulin was aged in sherry barrels -- how can you tell
with that huge peaty element in it?.  I'm a big fan of The Macallan 12 year
old, but those who are looking for more bang for the buck would be wise to
check out some of the recommendations on whiskymag.  That's how I discovered
Forty Creek Barrel Select, a Canadian whisky that is aged in sherry barrels,
and doesn't taste remotely like other Canadian whiskies.  This is an
incredible bargain -- those of you who can find it should read the review on
whiskymag and give it a try.

Mark