Subject: [Leica] Family Portrait
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Wed Dec 14 17:33:28 2005

Chandos,

Please accept my most sincere sympathies for your step-mother's
illness.  That is indeed a particularly bad cancer...my wife's grandmother
died of the same thing last year.

This is an interesting photo you have shown...for some reason it really
strikes me more than it seems like it "should."  It's one of those photos
that appears to be a snapshot, but goes beyond.  I think it's your father's
pride, evident in his upright posture and the way he grips you and your
brother with his hands.  He looks like he's gaining energy from his
proximity to you both.  I think even without the backstory you provided, it
would have the same impact.  Anyway, I'm sure this photo will be treasured
in your family, as it should be.

Best,
Aaron

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Family Portrait)