Subject: [Leica] Re: You only have to do four things to be a good photographer
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Dec 17 14:26:31 2005

No, Daniel - I'm not full of bullshit; after all, I'm not the one producing
nursery rhymes about what makes a photographer.;-) Having vision is not a
simply matter of knowing when to push the shutter release, how to read an
exposure meter, how to read a formula for developing film - who needs film?
- or how to frame an image. There are 10s of millions of people who have
your 'list' memorized, and with it they churn out utterly banal crap. There
are a handful of people who turn out photographs worth looking at - and many
of them often ignore one or more of the items on your list.

And btw - "f8 and be there" is equally foolish - except that it's obvious
that if one isn't 'there,' one can't get a particular image.

End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.