Subject: [Leica] Re: Amsterdam taxis (WAS: One off No. 12)
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Sun Dec 18 03:02:49 2005

 Nathan, I guess I was lucky in that I knew the area that my hotel was in
and I realised I was being ripped off. I thought of catching a tram, but
didn't know which stop I would need to get off at. Now that I know where the
hotel is I'll spend 1.60 Euro on a tram ticket if I stay there again.
Thinking about it, anyone believing the taxi drivers would probably wonder
what city their Amsterdam break was in ;-) - a bit like Ryan Air whose
destinations sometimes have only a tenuous link to the city people imagine
they're flying to.

There are/were similar people to those you mention at Schipol operating
inside CdG airport in Paris, as you say to be avoided at all costs.

Steve