Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Re: 12mm closest focus?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Dec 18 12:21:34 2005

On 12/18/05 8:18 AM, "bruce" <bruce@ralgo.nl> typed:

> Hi Felix,
>
> Could you please show the fall-off you experience with the 12mm, in a
> couple of shots? From whom is the degrading filter available?
> And could you display the improvement please ................... in
> other words, a before and after situation.
>
> Thanks,
> B.
> The Hague, The Netherlands.

I'm of the unusual opinion that I would pay extra for a lens with fall off!
And wish they made fall off filters to use on any lens. The opposites of
anti fall of filters they make for so much money for lots of the ultra true
wide non retro focus lenses. For me and I don't know how unusual this option
is part of the allure of a Distagon or Biogon or what have you is this
quality. Part if its fingerprint. The ink is darker at the edges. I'm
wondering if a client whose wanting some images of near architectural
quality would mind this. I'd think in many cases they wouldn't and may like
myself did it. Especially if it's really an super ultra wide we're talking
about which implies you jumping through a few hoops to get its results I say
have the image in some way say so. Not a extra wide or real darned wide
though. Not an ultra. No hoops required.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/