Subject: [Leica] Riding the rails
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Thu Dec 22 10:03:19 2005

B.D. Colen wrote:
> Three new shots, all taken with the new Olympus 35-100 (70-200 in
> 35mm-speak) f2! zoom, hand held...
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Tea-Time/Window1
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Tea-Time/Stare
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Tea-Time/Window2
>
> A killer lens - But - too damn heavy to haul around for everyday shooting;
> but when needed, it will be a must have. Now, if they'd just bring the
> promised 14-35 (28-70) f2 to market.;-)

You didn't ask but I will you anyway.  :-)
Window1 is my favorite of the 3 and is a very nice shot;
the hightlight in the background, usually distracting,
works well in this case, and together with the highlight
on the left and the one on his jacket across his lap
create frame the subject very nicely.
window2 is too tight.

The f2 zoom lenses are what make the Olympus interesting
to me, as they make full use of a less-than-full-frame sensor.

Thanks for posting,

- Phong

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Riding the rails)