Subject: [Leica] Official picture of digital-M?
From: pwerner at bluewin.ch (pwerner@bluewin.ch)
Date: Thu Dec 22 13:52:07 2005

Tina,

The article in the German edition of LFI seems clearer: Leica is going to
present new wide-angle lenses at the same time as the Digital M. The reason
is that the current lenses will become "longer" on the DM due to the crop
factor. The 21 behaves like a 28 and the 28 like a 35. Therefore there will
be the need for new, shorter (wider) lenses to fill the gap. These lenses
will be usable on both the Digital M and the film M bodies.

Peter