Subject: [Leica] Update on Hasselblad and Agfa
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Dec 23 20:48:41 2005

I remember there being a "zone system" Hassy whose metering system
allowed you to position a bug and set a zone number for that area - it
did some fancy things like warn you if, having set zone 3 at one place
that zone 9 was going to be blown out.

Is that correct? Are those cameras still out there?

I'm thinking just a plain-jane 500C system with a 75 would be an
interesting place to start shooting medium format - although the
Pentax 645 I saw for sale here looks like an interesting entry point
also. I've always had a feeling that the optics for the Hassellblads
was just that much better.

I assume that someone out on the net has written a "how to buy a used
Hassellblad system spendingi not very much so you can afford a digital
M" but I haven't found it.

Medium format entry points appreciated.

Thanks

Adam