Subject: [Leica] OT: Sin City
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Tue Dec 27 15:38:40 2005

Aside from the stunning lighting and cinematography, this has absolutely no
interest to this group.  :)

May be old news, but it's new to me.  My wife bought me the DVD of Sin City
a few weeks ago since I'm a Quentin Tarantino fan.  Finally got around to
watching it last night.  Wow!  This is film noir on steroids.  Absolutely
stunning lighting.  Very well done.

Was watching some of the extra material that comes on the DVD set.  They
filmed this in front of a "green screen" and almost all the backgrounds were
added in after the fact.  This gave them a lot more flexibility in adding
rim lighting to their hearts' desires.  Makes for a wonderful effect.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/