Subject: [Leica] cutest camera ever
From: imagist at imagist.cnc.net (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu Dec 29 15:06:41 2005

> From: "David Rodgers" <drodgers@casefarms.com>
> Subject: RE: [Leica] cutest camera ever

> A) why anyone would ever build a 35mm view camera (I'm holding out for

One of the (many) things that fascinates me about photography: One can
make a photographic image with almost anything; as long as  you have a
pin hole or lens, a light sensitive surface to project the image on, and
total darkness between the two. From this basic premise folks have
contrived all manner of hardware to gain control over the various
relationships between those two basic elements (lens, light sensitive
surface) - from tiny spy cameras to huge view cameras. Here we have an
opportunity to see someone's idea that swings, tilts, shifts, rises, and
falls had some application to a 35mm frame, apparently extremely well
crafted. You can find contemporary hardware (at $2k) which provides some
of these movements for your digital SLR of choice: see
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details
&Q=&sku=138111&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>.
Why? Only the creators, marketers and buyers know for sure.

> B) how in the world you stumbled onto it on ebay!

I have an ongoing e**y search of "view camera" just to see what comes up
in the way of old, simple and eclectic photo gear. Amazing (to me)
things appear in that search.

regards, George

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] cutest camera ever)